Washington Sundar Biography Age Caste Height IPL 2018
Washington Sundar is one of the few young Indian talents who are expected to become an important figure in the next generation of Indian cricket team. The 18 year old has already done wonders with his bowling and his career has seen a steady rise already with his incredible performances. Here we will provide some important information about the young talent.
|Born||5 October, 1999|
|Educational Status||Intermediate (Current Student)|
|Educational Institution Location||Chennai|
|Father’s Name||Mani Sundar|
|Sister’s Name||Manisundar Shailaja|
|Coach||M Senthilnathan& M Venkataramana|
|Eye & Hair Color||Black|
|Specialties||New Ball bowler, wicket taker|
|Style||Left Handed Batsman & Right Handed Bowler|
|Team||India & Royal Challengers Bangalore|
IPL 2018 Details
|Team Name||Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB)|
|Sold Prize||3.3 Crore INR|
Personal Life & Education
Washington Sundar belongs from Tamil Nadu of Chennai. Washington Sundar has been named after his father’s cricketing mentor PD Washington. He started his career as an opening batsman in the first class level under the coaching of M. Senthilnathan. But it was his coach M Venkataramana who made him aware of his bowling talent. He has completed his high school graduation from St. Bede’s School of Chennai and currently he is pursuing his intermediate studies.
Washington Sundar’s family consists of 4 members. His father, M. Sundar used to be a club level cricketer and his sister is a member of the women’s national cricket team of India. His family is really passionate in terms of cricket.
Style (Batting & Bowling)
Washington Sundar is a left-handed batsman. His main feature is his bowling and he bowls right-arm off break. He usually opens the bowling in the T-20 Internationals and is a great asset for any team as a new ball bowler and he is also very economical.
Washington Sundar made his ODI debut for the Indian National team against Sri Lanka on December 13, 2017. He picked a wicket and gave away 65 runs in his 10 overs in his debut match. He made his T20 internationals debut in December 24, 2017 against Sri Lanka. He picked up one wicket and gave away 22 runs and was brilliant and economical in his 4 overs.
- ODI: Washington Sundar has played One ODI for the Indian National team which was his debut Match and his bowling figure was 65/1 in his 10 overs.
- T20: Washington Sundar has played 2 T20 matches for India and he has picked up 3 wickets and has given away only 50 runs. His economy rate is 6.25 and his average is 16.67. His best bowling figures came against Sri Lanka when he took 2 wickets and gave away only 28 runs on 6 March, 2018.
- IPL: Washington Sundar has enjoyed a good IPL 2017 with Rising Pune Supergiants. He featured in 11 matches of in 2017 IPL edition and he bowled in 10 of them. He gave away 185 runs in his 180 balls and took 10 wickets including 3 in the qualifiers of IPL 2017. His economy rate and average is 6.17 and 23.12 respectively.
- Tamil Nadu Premier League: Washington Sundar took 11 wickets in 9 matches in the Tamil Nadu Premier League 2016 at an average of 12. His economy and average in the tournament was staggering and he made his mark with the tournament. His economy was 5.54 only.
- First Class Cricket: Washington Sundar has enjoyed a good first class career. He has played 12 matches in his First Class Career and has scored 532 runs with the bat including a century and two half-centuries. His highest score is 159. Sundar has also bowled well by picking up 30 wickets in those 12 matches at an average of 27. His best bowling figures are 6/87. He has twice taken 5 wickets in an innings.
- IPL: Washington Sundar holds the record of best bowling figures in an IPL final. He gave away only 13 runs in his 4 overs in the IPL 2017 Final. He was also brilliant in the qualifier match of IPL 2017 when he took 3 wickets for 16 runs and took his team to the finals.
After a brilliant season with Rising Pune Supergiants in 2017, Washington Sundar was picked by Royal Challengers Bangalore for the 2018 edition of IPL. He was bought for 3.3 Crore INR and is expected to play a vital role for RCB.
Although Washington Sundar is only 18 years old, he has made his mark in the Indian cricketing arena. He has already caught the eye of the selectors and it is expected that he will be amongst the top players for India in the future. He was also picked by Royal Challengers Bangalore and if he can continue his good form, he will able to do wonders for his domestic side and his national team.