Sushil Kumar Wrestler Biography
Sushil Kumar, the Indian Wrestler Born on 1983, 26th May is more famous for his Free style wrestling techniques. He has also gained fame and fortune by winning the country Gold, Silver and Bronze in different wrestling events (Olympics, CWGs and Asian Games). He has also been competing the game play in different categories in these events. He started by gaining the 2010 World Title – attempting at the London Olympics. He was competing for 66 kgs category. In 2008 Olympics Sushil Kumar also managed to win a Bronze in Beijing. He also became India’s first ever wrestler who got the country Two medals in the same sports in Olympics.
Sushil Kumar has also been honored with Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award which is considered as one of the most high ranked sports man awards. In 2010 CWGs (Common Wealth Games) Sushil was also honored by Giving away the Queens Baton at the opening ceremony of the games to Prince Charles. In the same event Sushil Kumar bought the honor to the country by winning Gold medal in 74 kg category.
Sushil Kumar BIO
|Name||Sushil Kumar Solanki|
|Date of Birth||26th May 1983|
|Club||Delhi – NIS|
|Coach||Yashvir Singh, Satpal Singh|
|Fathers Name||Diwan Singh|
|Mothers Name||Kamla Devi|
|Brother’s Name||Not known|
|Sisters Name||Not Known|
|Beijing||2008 – 66 Kgs Bronze|
2012 – 66 Kgs Silver
|Moscow||2010 – 66 Kgs – Gold|
|2010 – 66 Kgs – Gold|
2014 – 74 Kgs – Gold
2018 – 74 Kgs-Gold
|Doha||2006 – 66 Kgs – Bronze|
|2003- 60 Kgs-Bronze|
2007 -66Kgs – Silver
Initial Life parents Birth
Sushil Kumar belongs to the Jat family from Baprola, Najafgarh in the SW province of Capital. By profession Suchil Kumar was motivated in the sport by his father who was also a professional wrestler. In present time he offers his services to the MTNL department. Sushil Kumar’s mother is a home maker employed full time.
Sushil Kumar loved to be a professional wrestler at a very young age ever since he saw his fathers performance in the game play. He also received the official training in a local Akhada (Wrestling school) at the Chhatrasal stadium at the age of 14. Ever since his childhood he had to face financial crises, but even if this was the condition his family offered him with necessary training and diet for participating in the National Olympic team in 2008.
Ever since his early life Sushil Kumar was a strict vegetarian and belonged to the Hindu community.
Being a professional wrestler Sushil Kumar had managed to complete his Graduation. He has taken his degree in BPE and has also acclaimed his PG (Post Graduation) in Physical Education from The Noida college. His PG was awarded from the Dadri. As present on account of his degree he is employed with Indian Railways as Dy. Commercial Manager post.
- At the age of 14 Sushil Kumar had begun with his training in wrestling. He had attended local Akhada for his wrestling training. He was coached by Yashvir Rampal and later he was coached by Satpal. He also attended the Indian Railways Gym for further training.
- Sushil Kumar won Gold medal at World Cadet games that were held in 1998, right at the first attempt. In 2000 he won a Gold at the Asian Games- Junior Championships. By this time Sushil Kumar had already earned his fame.
- Sushil Kumar – had participated in Asian Wrestling Champion ship and won Bronze medal in 2003. He managed to place himself at the fourth position. In the same year he also attempted to win the Gold medal at the CWGs.
- In 2005 and 2007 CWGs he had managed to win Gold medals and in 2007 championships Sushil Kumar managed to win the 7th place following by a Bronze in 2008 Olympics at Beijing.
- Sushil Kumar also won Double medals in Olympics event in Summer Olympics event in 2012. In this same event Sushil Kumar also gained the title of winning two Medals for the country in Olympics.
- He was nominated for Padma Shri and Arjuna awards in 2006 by the Government of India.
Achievements and awards
- Beijing Olympics – 2008 – In the first round Sushil did not perform very well for 66 Kgs. In second round Sushil managed to defeat Doug Schwab and move to second position. He also won the Bronze medal on 20th August 2008 without assigning a masseur.
- Wrestling Championships – Moscow 2010 – Sushil Kumar won the title for the country in the event in 66 Kgs category in the finals. He defeated Russia’s Alan Gogaev.
- 2010 CWGs New Delhi – In this event Sushil managed to win a Gold medal for the country. The event was held on 10th October 2010 and in the finals he managed to beat Heinrich by 7-0 points in 66 Kgs category.
- 2012 Olympics – UK – In this event Kumar managed to win a Silver medal but lost the finals against Tatsuhiro. There were a few controversies against him regarding an athlete.
- 2014 – CWGs – Glasgow – In this event Sushil Kumar managed to win a Gold in 74 Kgs category in 102 sec. fall.
- 2018 Gold coast – Sushil Kumar managed to win a Gold in the recent event at the Gold coast Common Wealth Games held in Austrlia.
In the event held at the 2012 London Olympics- Sushil Kumar had entered into controversy against Akzhurek Tanatarov – Athlete from Kazakhastan. The Athlete from Kazakh had made comments that Sushil Kumar had beaten him in his ears. The controversy was raised by the athlete at the time of the event but in later stages was denied by the Kazakh athlete.