Sri Devi Biography (Age Died Film Career Net Worth)
Sri Devi, a renowned Bollywood Diva and actress, was originally known by her Birth name Shree Amma Yanger Ayyappan. She was also one of the first Indian Actress who managed to hit the box office in multi-lingual movies. Sri Devi, the Actress, was known to have played her leading role in numerous Indian Movies including Hindi, Malayalam, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada etc. the Indian Actress was also the first to be placed in the ranks of being the First Female Superstar of Bollywood. The title was already earned by Sri Devi early in 1990, when she was at the peak of her Acting career in Bollywood movies.
|2||Real Name||Shree Amma Yanger Ayyapan|
|3||DOB||13 Aug 63|
|6||Death Day||24 Feb 2018|
|8||Reason Of Death||Heart Attack|
|10||Debut Age||4 yrs|
|11||Last Movie||Mom 2017|
|12||Career Duration||50 Years|
Brief into her Career
- As an actress Sri Devi had already stepped into the acting industry as a child artist. At the early days of her career she was attached to the Kannada, Malayalam, Telugu and Tamil movies.
- Sri Devi also performed her role as child artist in Hindi Movie Julie early in 1975. The moment she stepped in her early 13’s she was already playing her lead roles and her first debut as an adult artists was in 1976 Movie Mundhra Mudichu (Tamil).
- Later on she also went on acting in numerous hit movies of her time including Vayathinile and 1991 hit Le Lekar Shana Shanam from Telugu and Tamil origins.
- Later in 2012, Sri Devi was back performing in the Bollywood with her movie English Vinglish. The movie was a super hit after her return to the Bollywood industry almost after staying away for 15 long years.
- Sri Devi was also presented with Padma Shri award in the year 2013 for her contributions made to the Indian Film Industry as One of the best Indian Actress in Last 100 years.
- Till date Sri Devi has also been presented with over five awards from Film Fare with last in 2013 “crushing”.
The great Indian Actress was born in 1963 on 1th August in Tamil Nadu state – Siwaksi. She was the daughter to Rajeshwari (Mother) and Ayyappan (Father). Sri Devi was a daughter to a Telugu Mother and Tamil Father. By profession her father was a Lawyer while her mother was a house wife. She also has cousin brothers and sister.
Marriage and Affair’s
- As per the Bollywood Gossips, Sri Devi was believed to be having her love relationship with Bollywood’s Superstar and Disco King – Mithun Chakraborty. The affair was at its peak in early 1980’s.
- She also debut Mithun Da in Rakesh Roshan’s movie “Jaag Utha Insaan”. There were also rumors that the duo coupe had already married each other after the affair, but the two could not be tight up together in the knot for long.
- Later Sri Devi married Bonny Kapoor, who is the elder brother of Actor Anil Kapoor. Boney Kapoor by profession was a renowned director and producer in Bollywood.
- Even till ate the two were looked up as a happily married couple who were engaged in their family life and had two daughters Khushi and Jhanvi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor (Step Daughter). Apart from this the two are also believed to have a step Son (Arjun Kapoor).
Sri Devi Debuts
- Sri Devi who was a renowned Actress in Indian Cinema had first debut her as child actor in Murunga- a Tamil movie made in 1967. Later on she also managed to make her way into the Hindi Movies in 1975 as child actor debut in Julie.
- Her first solo debut in Bollywood as super star was as an attempt in 1983 in her Bollywood movie Sadma (casting against Kamal Hassan). Sri Devi has also made her debut as a TV actor in her Television serial Malini Iyer in early 2004.
- Till date it is believed that Sridevi has managed to act ion more than 300 movies in the Indian Cinema from her child hood days till her last “Mom” 2017.
Net worth till date
As Sri Devi was a well known Indian Actress, so it is obvious that she had many Super Hits to her credit. Apart from this, she had acted in nearly 300 movies and was married to a very successful Director Boney Kapoor. It is believed that her net worth is around INR 35 crore, excluding her husbands net worth. As an actor Sri Devi was with drawing over INR 3 to 5 crore per movie she acted. Even in 1990s She was the only Indian Actress who was paid INR 1 crore for each movie, which was at that time a very big signing amount for any Bollywood Actress.
- Sri Devi was believed to offer most super Hits of her time some of her favorite numbers include Mr. India, Nagina and Chandni, which are also much talked about movies till date. Apart from this she also gave a number of super hits including Himmatwala and Sadma.
Sri Devi being an actress still used to find time for her hobbies. She was more likely to enjoy painting and dancing in her free time. She was also known as best Classical Dancer for South Indian Dance styles.