Social Media and its Effects Essay Speech and Quotes [Types, Positive and Negative Aspects]
With the advancement in technology, social media has become a significant part of our life. The increasing emergence of social media has made it possible for the people to easily communicate with each other irrespective of any location. But along with its increased use, it is essential to take care of the privacy factor that plays a pivotal role. While individuals are accessing the various platforms of social media, they often tend to share information through applications. It often happens that the information shared is not safe enough. Therefore, it is necessary to look after the privacy matter of the information shared. It has become easier to stay updated with the rest of the world making the ode of communication easier. In addition to this, several internet based applications are coming on the market, and with the help of the same, people are able to access the various social media platforms.
Types of social media
- Media sharing networks – You can share photos, videos and other media forms via media sharing networks.
- Social networking sites – For connecting with new people and expanding your online business, the social networks are the best types of social media platform. For both online and offline mode of business, the social networking sites are effective enough.
- Consumer review networks – The review forums would help to find and know about the reviews of your business products and materials.
- Blogging and publishing networks – this form of social media would help to publish your content online.
- Anonymous social networks – You get the chance to post your stories anonymously on different social networking websites.
- Discussion forums – Here, you get an opportunity to share new ideas and views about any particular concern with other persons presenting their views in the online forum.
- Interest-based networks–In this form of social media, it would help you to publish your stories and hobbies via the social media platform.
What are the positive effects of social media?
There are certain positive effects of social media on various spheres of the society, and it is becoming more effective with the increased use of internet in our daily lives. It is also helping the nation to become an advanced nation. By utilizing the positive effects of social media, it is also becoming people to connect with the rest of the world. With the advancement of technology, people are trying to grasp the positive effects of the social media more.
- Education – For the teachers and the students, social media brings in a lot of advantages. With the help of social media, it has become easy for the students to contact educational experts and professionals easily. Irrespective of the location, students can have access to educational discussion with the help of social media platforms.
- Help – It also helps the classes to confront their problems with the community and request for help from another person in the society. Whether it is a monetary help to help in the form of advice, they would be benefitted from the various social media platforms. They are also able to get connected to different people of the society.
- Connectivity – Connectivity plays an important part when it comes to social media. With the easy connectivity, it enables individuals to connect with other people residing in any part of the country. The only necessity, in this case, is the stable availability of internet connection. They can easily connect with other people, and this would help them to share their thoughts.
- Regular updates – To stayupdated, nothing can be more useful than social media platforms. Though, it is often believed that newspapers and television channels can provide biased news, but this is not the case with internet news. To know true facts and information about any particular topic, social media information can be relied on.
- Promotional purpose – Whether you are running your business in the online or the offline mode, using a social media platform to promote the same would be effective. When using social media platform for promotional purposes, it help to enhance the visibility of your business enterprise. In addition, it also helps to easily convey your business aim to the target audience and grab their attention soon. It can also be considered one of the cheapest modes of advertising in the business world.
- Awareness – Social media help to create awareness and give people innovative ideas. To enhance personal life, new and innovative stuff can be discovered from the social media itself. Therefore, whether students, teachers or other individuals in the society, they can be benefitted from the use of social media.
- Enhances business reputation – Social media can both help in enhancing the reputation of your business along with ruining the same. Any positive comment or feedback about your website on the social media platform would help to maintain the goodwill of the company. Likewise, any negative comment can immediately ruin your business.
- Help to build communities –In a world of different beliefs and religions, social media is an effective means to know about the views, cultures, and perspective of other people. In addition to this, people from different community form a common platform and share stuffs for a better living.
Some negative aspects of social media
- Hacking – When you share information on social media, there is the possibility of the information getting hacked. It can result both in personal loss and financial loss. In case Twitter and Facebook accounts get hacked, it can affect personal lives. This can be considered as one of the dangerous effects of using social media.
- Addiction – Over usage of social media platform can result in addiction of the same. The teenagers are more prone to this kind of addiction, as they get involved very easily and slowly cut off all their social contacts.
- Fraud – There are several instances of scams and frauds through the use of social media platforms.
- Reputation – By creating false story, social media can ruin the reputation of any of the websites. In this way, businesses also suffer a loss when their reputation is at stake that has been affected by the social media platforms.
- Health issues – Irrespective of the age group, excessive use of social media results in bad health conditions. When it becomes an addiction, it brings in several disorders in life.
Wrapping it up
Observers and researchers are of the opinion that with a host of both negative and positive side of social media platform in today’s world, communication has become simpler. But the security of the platform needs to be checked efficiently for the good of the common mass.