Saikhom Mirabai Chanu Biography (Weightlifting, State, Coach) Won Gold Medal In Common Wealth Games 2018
Saikhom Mirabai Chanu – winner of Gold medal (Women Weightlifting Championship) had marked her name in history by winning the medal at the Common Wealth Games. She is also a renowned sports person of the nation who bought prosperity to the country in the Women’s Weight lifting sports championship. This is also important as she is the second player right after Karnam Malleswari who had won the country with this honor in 1995 championships. Two decades later a similar honor for the nation has been attempted by Saikhom Mirabai Chanu.
Looking at her performance, Chanu managed to perform well to perform ell to gain points in 104 Kg/85 Kg/ 194 Kg lift for Jerk, Clean and snatch lift. This tournament was held at USA Anaheim.
Saikhom Mirabia Chanu Biography
|Name||Saikhom Mirabai Chanu|
|Date of Birth||8th August 1994|
|Age||23 years running|
|Origin||Imphal – East (Manipur)|
|Fathers Name||Not Known|
|Mothers Name||Not Known|
|Brothers Name||Not Known|
|Sisters Name||Not Known|
|Category||Heavy Weight category|
|Achievements||Gold Medal – Anaheim Tournament – US|
|Gold medal – South Asian Junior games|
|International Youth Championships|
|Silver medal 2014 CWG- Glasgow|
Family and Education
Mirabai Chanu is a native belonging to Manipur state Imphal. She is a native from NE side of the country and has been staying with her parents in her home town Imphal (Manipur). Apart from this not much of educational information or other family details are known about her so far online.
Career & Achievements
- From the 48 Kg weight category, Mirabai had earlier won a number of medals for the country in weight lifting sports. She had earlier made an attempt for wining the Gold medal in CWG (Common Wealth Games).
- In 2014, Mirabai won a silver medal for the country in 48 KG category in CWG at the Glasgow stadium. She was also one of the sports person who managed to qualify for the Olympics 2016.
- During her attempts for the 2016 Olympics, Mirabai did not manage to win any medal as she had failed in all her attempts for her category.
- Mirabai Chnau also won a Gold medal in 2017 for the championship during the WWC (World weight lifting championship). During this event she had displayed the best of her performance by attempting to lift Jerk/Clean/snatch in 85/104/194 Kgs category weights in US.
- With her attempt in 2016 Rio Olympics, Chanu also managed to make a record breaking event during her trial rounds. She had managed to set a new national record in 48 kgs category by women athlete, by defeating Kunjarana Devis 12 years record.
- She was always considered as one of the leading athletes from the country who had the ideal of earning a Gold medal in her category and sport for the country.
- In 2016, Chanu, also managed to win Gold medal in South Asian Games and made her way for the 2018 CWG.
Mirabai Chanu Saikhom has already made her goal of life very much clear by attempting to aim her best medal Gold at the CWG. With this she has also secured her place in the future Olympic events.