Rashtriya Ekta Diwas 2018 History [Essay Slogan Quotes Speech] [राष्ट्रिय एकता दिवस]
Introduced by the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, Rashtriya Ekta Diwas is celebrated on the birth anniversary of the iconic personality, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. The day gives tribute to the legendary personality who made huge tributes for the country and initiated making India a peace-loving country.The country, since 2014, celebrates the day on 31st October, every year. The primary aim of the event is to pay tribute to the legendary personality and make efforts in paying floral tributes to the statue of Sardar Patel.
The tabular format of Rashtriya Ekta Diwas has been mentioned below.
|Celebration Day||Rashtriya Ekta Diwas|
|Other Name||National Unity Day|
|Date of Celebration||31st of October|
|Place of Celebration||India|
|Celebration Anniversary||birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel|
|Introduced by||Government of India|
|Year of Announcement||2014|
|Primary Aim||To pay tribute to the great manSardar Vallabhbhai Patel and remember his extraordinary works for India|
An Introduction to Rashtriya Ekta Diwas – The History
On the birth anniversary of the Iron Man of India, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, India celebrates the day as the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas or safely called the National Unity Day. This day is celebrated in remembrance of the legendary icon, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, who worked hard in making India a united country, i.e. Ek Bharat. He was the first and foremost Deputy Prime Minister and Home Minister of India who has played a significant role in the integration of multiple Indian princely states for making an Indian federation. His contribution for the country is remembered on this day. While he made huge efforts in restoring the peace all around the nation, the Government of India still remembers his effort and aims at making his birthday a special one in the name of Rashtriya Ekta Diwas. The event was announced by PM Narendra Modi in the year 2014.
Everything Related to the Announcement
National Unity Day is celebrated all across the nation on his birthday. It was decided and initiated by the Central Government of India in the year 2014 in New Delhi. This was introduced as to observe the birthday of Patel every year as the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas. In the year 2014, PM Narendra Modi had decided to initiate the day as the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas. This announcement was made to pay floral tributes to the statue of Vallabhbhai Patel.
Beneficial Events and Importance of Rashtriya Ekta Diwas
The day is initiated to commemorate the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. The National Unity Day or Rashtriya Ekta Diwas is celebrated in India on August 31. In addition to this, a floral tribute is given to Sardar Patel’s statue each year on October 31. The celebration holds in the morning at Patel Chowk, Parliament, Street, New Delhi. Some of the benefits and features of the event has been mentioned right below.
- Run for unity – The Government of India organizes multiple programs in order to mark this particular occasion as run for unity. In addition to this, the pledge taking ceremony is also held by the Indian police. Run for unity is held in the major cities as well as district towns apart from multiple places in the rural areas. The youths from colleges, universities, and schools take part in various programs. Organized at the huge level in the National capital from Vijay Chowk to India Gate, the event is held on the Rajpath at 8.30 am sharp in the morning.
- Pledge Taking Ceremony – Upon the aforementioned program, the second one is held in the government offices, public institutions, and public sectors. The pledge taking ceremony is organized in order to observe the occasion by taking the pledge in the group.
- March Past by the Police – The next thing is the march past by the Indian police which is held on the streets of the cities as well as the district towns.
- To Promote National Integration in India –The events are held with the purpose of promoting national integration among Indian citizens. Besides, it helps in maintaining the unity and the integrity of the country.
- Administering pledge taking ceremonies in the schools – The Ministry of Human Resource Development has requested for administering the pledge-taking ceremony in schools as well as colleges.It initiates the students to get motivated and also helps in maintaining the integrity and unity of the nation.
- 250 center coordinators appointed by the CBSE to take part in the event – Almost a whopping number of 250 center coordinators are appointed by the CBSE in order to take part in the event. In this, almost 400-500 students appear in the event at each center in order to participate in the activities. The event sports multiple activateswhich play a massive role in conveying the message about the importance of maintaining unity and peace. It also initiates in keeping the public places clean and remove threats from the country.
The Rashtriya Ekta Diwas is celebrated every year. It helps the Indian youth to get aware of the opportunity of maintaining the integral strength of the country.Also, it makes Indian citizens realize the importance and significance of national integrity. The events are also of great importance for re-affirming the inherent strength and resilience of the nation to withstand the potential and actual threats to the unity, security, and integrity of India.
The Rashtriya Ekta Diwas (National Unity Day) is celebrated with an inclusion of a quote which has been mentioned right below.
“I solemnly pledge that I dedicate myself to preserve the unity, integrity and security of the nation and also strive hard to spread this message among my fellow countrymen. I take this pledge in the spirit of unification of my country which was made possible by the vision and actions of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. I also solemnly resolve to make my own contribution to ensure internal security of my country.”