Rahul Aware Biography [wrestler,Height, Age, Caste, Commonwealth]
Rahul Aware is one of the popular wrestlers in India. He has won 5 gold medals in his career until now. Rahul Aware, this year in 2018, has again won Gold Medal in current Common Wealth Games, 2018. Rahul has won Gold in men’s 57 Kg freestyle in current Common Wealth Game, 2018. Alongside, Sushil Kumar and Babita Singh have also bagged Gold and Silver Medals in CWG 2018 in New Delhi.
|Full Name||Rahul Balasaheb Aware|
|Born on||2nd November 1991|
|Birth Place||Beed District, State of Maharashtra|
|Affair / Girlfriend||Unknown|
Family Details and Education
Rahul was born in a small district namely Beed in the state of Maharashtra, India. His education was done in the district as well. However, not many details have been found regarding his initial or personal life. He hails from a Maharashtraian family in that small district.
He is 26 years old and not married yet. Other personal details such as whether he is in relationship or not is unknown. He started his career in the year 2008.
Career & Achievements
- 2008: In 2008, Rahul went to Common Wealth Games that took place in Pune, Maharashtra. He won Gold Medal there in Men’s Free Style competition. That was his first Gold Medal, representing India.
- 2009: In 2009, he won one Gold Medal and one Silver Medal. He participated in Junior Asian Wrestling Championship in 2009. He won Gold Medal there. Again in the same year he participated in Junior World Wrestling Championship and managed to bag a Silver Medal.
- 2011: He won Bronze in 2011 at Asian Wrestling Championship. He completed 55 Kg in men’s free style. Again in 2011, he participated in Common Wealth where he won a Gold Medal in 55 Kg men’s free style category.
- 2016: In the year 2016, Rahul received Rs. 7.5 Million from the central government. This money was given to the deserving sports men in the country to encourage them for their performance and future. The amount was given to them on the basis of their performance in the Olympics 2016. Rahul was one of the leading performers in the list.
- 2018: In 2018, the man has again bagged a Gold Medal in Common Wealth Games. He completed the Men’s Free Style (57 Kg) along with Sushil Kumar, who also completed same weights. Rahul was fighting against Canadian Steven Takahashi. He won the game with 15-7 score.
In latest CWG in 2018, Rahul started off well against Steven. After the first round, he not only struggled to come back in the second round, but also he was terribly wounded. However, Rahul bounced back in the final round and defeat the Canadian wrestler without wasting a minute. His uneasiness was clearly visible in the second round due to his injury. Still, he managed to win over the Canadian and bag another Gold Medal.