Navjot Kaur Wrestler Biography Age Height
Sukhchain Singh, Father of International Wrestler Navjot Kaur, residing in Tarn Taran Town of Punjab Bagaria Village has been under debt for over a decade. As per the news updates, he has been borrowing money for his daughters wrestling training session and till date he is believed to be under a debt of Rs 13 lakhs. With this in return, Navjot Kaur, managed to win a Gold medal for her country and placed herself in the category of being first Women from the country for wining Asian Championships.
|Complete name||Navjot Kaur|
|Native Place||Tarn tarn’s Bagrian, Punjab|
|Date of birth||10 February 1990|
|Father’s name||Sukhchain singh|
|Main Award||First Indian women Won gold medal (65 kg free style Wrestling)|
Asian Wrestling Championships
|Sister’s name||Navjeet kaur (Three times national champion in Wrestling)|
|Debt||13 lakhs (during training)|
Asian Champion ship updates
- As per the latest updates, Navjot Kaur managed to win the Gold medal in a match held on 28th February 2018 in the Asian Champion ship events. As per the details, Navjot Kaur won the match against Japan’s Miya Imai, a women wrestler for the women’s 65 Kg Free style category.
- The match was won by Navjot Kaur beating Miya Imai with 9 to 1 that was also considered as a single sided match played at Kyrgyzstan Bishkek and was hoisted to the victory lap by her coaches.
- As per statements made by Navjot Kaur’s father, the family was really proud of her performance in the Asian Championship league as she also gained the titled of first women wrestler who managed to earn Gold medal for the village and country. Later he also added that he wad also dreaming of her daughter to win a medal for the nation representing the Olympic events.
- As per the latest statements in the initial stages, Indian women had also managed to reach the championship events at least 13 times, but only to reach the second place, thirteen times earlier. Earlier Navjot had also managed to reach the finals but could not win the final match in 2013.
- As per eh statements, Navjot had earlier lost the match against the same Opponent but only in the first round. The match was organized at Bishkek itself, but Navjot could not manage to win the Gold for the first place.
- When playing against same Opponent in the final match Navjot managed to score 2 four points throw making use of her leg flip. With the new tang move she managed to make her way to the Asian Championship to win the Gold medal.
- As per the family they still feel that there was not much support offered for Navjot’s training by the government yet. The father also stated that after a wrist injury in 2014, it took around two years for Navjot to recover completely from her injury and get back to the form of wining Gold medal.
- Navjot after her injury had to undergo Rehabilitation program and the entire expense for the treatment and rehabilitation program was funded by the father. He also stated that there was no help offered by the government or their relative or the village people.
- The statement was made by Navjeet Kaur, Navjot’s sister pointing towards Harmanpreet Kaur, International women cricketer who has been offered as the post of DSP by the Punjab State government for Police force.
- Navjeet pointed that the government should in fact treat all sports person equally as one of offered with a post of DSP while the second one is still offered as post of a clerk.
- As per updates Navjot was offered a job of a clerk in Indian Railways the moment she won a Bronze medal at the national level in the Common Wealth Games 2014 that was held at the Glasgow. As per Navjeet, Yuvraj, Navjot’s Brother also gave up dreaming a big successful Cricketer and joined his father at the farm land so Navjot could fulfill her dream of being an International Wrestler.
It is obvious that with right level of training and dedication anyone can dream of being a good sports person. The government has to focus more on encouraging the young talent of the nation to be an inspiring sports person.