Manjot Kalra Biography Age Height Records IPL 2018
Manjot Kalra, hailed from Delhi, has won under-19 cricket world cup in 2018. A 19 years Delhi boy has already made his place in IPL 2018 as a strong batsman in Delhi Daredevil Team. His remarkable century against Australia in ICC Cricket World Cup U-19, has left the country speechless. Here is a brief detail about this young talent.
|Educational Status||Under Graduate|
|Father Name||Praveen Kumar|
|Mother Name||Ranjit Kaur|
|Girl Friend / Wife||N/A|
|IPL 2018 (IPL 11) Details|
|Sold Prize||₹20 Lakh|
Personal Life & Education
Manjot was born and brought up in Delhi. On 15th January 1999, popularly known by his nickname Mandy, Manjot was born in Delhi. He has done his schooling from Delhi. He didn’t finish his graduation yet. Kalra, first started his successful cricket career with U-19 World Cup as an opening batsman. He joined Under 19 Indian Cricket team in the year 2017 when he played his first match against Malaysia.
Kalra’s father Praveen Kumar Kalra is a businessman in Delhi. His mother Mrs. Ranjit Kaur is a homemaker. Manjot has an elder brother, Hitesh Kalra. He belongs to a small family contains these 4 members.
Style (Batting & Bowling)
Manjot is an opening batsman. He is a left-handed batsman. Also he bowled few over as right-arm bowler during his World Cup journey.
Kalra has played 10 matches until now including his ICC World Cup Tour. He, for the first time, played against Malaysia in Kuala Lumpur. The match was held on 10th November 2017. Manjot scored 35 runs in that match.
World Cup under-19 Performance
ICC World Cup 2018 Under-19 started from January 2018. Manjot has played his first World Cup match on 14th January 2018 against Australia in Mount Maunganui where he scored 86 runs.
On 3rd February 2018, he played the final match against Australia again in Mount Maunganui. His unbeatable 101 runs had made the nation won the ICC World Cup Trophy in 2018.
- Debut: Manjot has played his first match in the year 2017.
- World Cup: After that he played for India in ICC World Cup 2018.
- IPL: The player will soon be playing in upcoming Indian Premier League 2018.
- November 2017: Manjot has started his career with 35 runs against Malaysia in the year 2017. During that tour he played against Nepal and Bangladesh in same month scoring 35 and 1 runs respectively.
- January 2018: Kalra scored 31 runs against South Africa during a friendly match before World Cup 2018 under-19 in Christchurch. It was held on 9th January 2018 before the main World Cup Tour has begun.
- World Cup 2018: Manjot has played 6 matches in ICC World Cup 2018 under-19. In his first match in WC against Australia he scored 86 runs which helped the team to go further in the series. In next few 4 matches he managed to score 9 (not out) against PNG and Bangladesh, 47 against Pakistan and didn’t bat against Zimbabwe during the quarter finals and Semi final of WC 2018.
- World Cup 2018 Final: Against the biggie, Australia, Manjot scored 101 (not out) in 102 balls in the World Cup 2018 Final Match. This leads to winning of Trophy for India. Manjot immediately took over the world wide media with his extra ordinary performance in the entire series, especially in Finals.
In Indian Premier League, Manjot will be seen batting for the Team Delhi Daredevils. In recent past, this young and ace batsman was sold at Rs. 20 Lac and bought by the owner of Delhi Team. Soon IPL will hit the TV screen in India.
Kalra has won Man of the Match after winning the World Cup Finals against Australia on 3rd February 2018. After this the young man will be soon seen in Indian Premier League 2018. Kalra, in partnership with Prithvi Shaw, has contributed 180 runs in 328 runs on the ICC World Cup finals in Mount Maunganui.
|Vs Teams||Runs||Locations||Date of Match|
|Vs Malaysia U19||35||Kuala Lumpur||10th November 2017|
|Vs Nepal U19||35||Kuala Lumpur||12th November 2017|
|Vs Bangladesh U19||1||Kuala Lumpur||14th November 2017|
|Vs South Africa||31||Christchurch||9th January 2018|
|Vs Australia U19||86||Mount Maunganui||14th January 2018|
|Vs PNG U19||9*||Mount Maunganui||16th January 2018|
|Vs Zimbabwe U19||–||Mount Maunganui||19th January 2018|
|Vs Bangladesh U19||9||Queenstown||26th January 2018|
|Vs Pakistan U19||47||Christchurch||30th January 2018|
|Vs Australia U19||101*||Mount Maunganui||3rd February 2018|