Jemimah Rodrigues Biography Batting
Jemimah Rodrigues, is identified as the new face of the women’s Cricket team. Jemimah has also been updated to the title of Indian Women’s Cricket Squad in recent time. She is one of the players from the Indian Women’s Cricket Team who has earned her fame and name playing for the U-19 women’s team for Mumbai Cricket. She till date is also first Indian women cricketer who holds her record for striking a double century in the match (U-19), yet undefeated! She is also recognized as unbeaten 202 runs and uncountable 4’s , boundaries and finally, century.
Jemijah Rodrigues – Biography
|Real Name||Jemimah Ivan Rodrigues|
|Born||5th September 2000|
|Educational Institution Location||Bandra- Mumbai|
|Father’s Name||Ivan Rodrigues|
|Mother’s Name||Lavita Rodrigues|
|Sister’s Name||Not Known|
|Brother’s Name||Two – Names not Known|
|Hair and Eye color||Black (light)|
|Role||Batsman – Middle order|
|Specialty||Off-break – right arm|
|Style||Right Hand batting|
|Team||· Mumbai India , India Green Women, India Women|
|https://twitter.com/jemimahrodrigue – 143 followers|
Birth Date, Place and Family
Jemimah Rodrigues was born on 5th September 2000 in Bandra City – Mumbai, Maharashtra. Jemimah’s fathers name is Ivan Rodrigues and her mother’s name is Lavita Rodrigues. Jemimah’s parents run a coaching institute in Mumbai for students of Math and Science faculty. Jemimah has two brothers who are also associated with cricket game.
Education and Early life
Jemimah Rodrigues is a graduate from Rizvi College, Bandra- Mumbai. Her early days were spent at St. Joseph Convent High School where she spent her time studying primary level education. Ever since her childhood Jemimah was known for her passion for sports and cricket.
As a child she was also attracted towards cricket and right from the age of four she selected bat and ball as her favorite game. During her early childhood Jemimah was also associated with the game to such an extent that she would very often had to miss her school and family holidays for cricket.
- Jemimah Rodrigues ever since the beginning joined the professional Indian cricket team as U-16 player. She has till date played for Indian women cricket team at U-16 and U-19 level.
- Jemimah is better known for her batting style as Right Hand Batsman for the Indian Women Cricket team. She is mostly known to play the team at the Middle Order batsman in most of the games.
- She is also known for her unique bowling style as she prefers playing Right arm off-break. She still has to polish her bowling skills as Jemimah prefers being recognized as Indian Women Batsman for the team.
- ODI (One Day International) – Jemimah Rodrigues had played the ODI debut when playing the India Women Team in a match against Australia Women Team. The match was played at Vadodara Stadium in 2018 on March 12th.
- T-20 I – Jemimah Rodrigues also played her first Debut for 20 I match for the Team India Women when playing her match against South Africa Women Team. The match was played at Potchefstroom Stadium in 2018. The match was played on 13th
- On March 26th 2018 she also participated in her second 20 I match against Team Australia Women at the Mumbai (BS).
- Jemimah Rodrigues begin her career with professional Indian Women cricket team when playing for U-16 team. The match was a mix of both boys and girl players from the country and was looked as the selection match for players to play against Team South Africa.
- Jemimah Rodrigues managed to score 111 runs in 103 balls and un-beaten till the last ball of the over. Presently Rodrigues is also believed to Captain the U-19 Mumbai women’s team and Senior side and U-23 team.
- Rodrigues also managed to score big runs when playing against Saurashtra Team in the tournament (U-19) in 2017 November. With the winning score Rodrigues also got a chance to play the Challenger Trophy match for India A team.
- In recent time she also managed to make her first ODI and T20I debut when playing against Team South Africa and Team Australia Women in 2018 in which Rodrigues had remained unbeaten till the last ball of the over.
- Rodrigues with her unique battling form is also one amongst very few Women India Team player who is unbeaten for her International debut match. She managed to score 202 runs in just 163 balls and unbeaten for the Senior group in U-19 tournament against Team Saurashtra.
- She is also looked up as one of the women players who has scored over 1013 runs in the tournament and has been placed as highest run getter for her team for U-19 tournaments.
- Rodrigues also made her mark in the Indian women hockey team when playing for Team Mumbai U-19 category as centre forward position. As for her cricket game play foreign tours are concerned Rodrigues still is considered as unbeaten player in the women’s category. She presently aims at playing more of ODI and T20I in her career.
It is obvious that with her unique bating style Jemimah Rodrigues has already managed to gain attention from Cricket fans and selectors for Indian Cricket team for international level game play. In the near future we will get to see a lot of more record breaking presentations from Jemimah.