Cricketer Deepak Chahar Biography
Deepak Lokendra singh Chahar is an Indian cricketer. He is among the lowest order batsman in IPL team. He started playing during 2010-2011 at the time of Ranji season and picked up 8 wickets in his debut match. As of now, in 2018, he was bought under MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings.
Career of Deepak Chahar
After starting his career during the Ranji seasons, he played well for Chennai Super Kings during its 11th edition of IPL. It is further known that Chahar has troubled the batsmen with his swing and also injured his hamstring. In this international debut, he played T20 match against England and ODI debut against Afghanistan in 2018. Therefore, he has represented the Indian Team under the captaincy of ViratKohli. Though Chahar was part of Indian Premier League, he got few opportunities to play the game. His cousin brother has also been playing in IPL. But Deepak was the first among the two brothers who got selected in IPL team. He came to limelight when he was selected for CSK team in IPL in 2018. With assistance of Mahendra Singh Dhoni, he got opportunities to play well in the team. In IPL 2018, Deepak was among the leading wicket taker and during that time his career took a turn. Even though his debut series was not that great but in the absence of Bhuvneshwar Kumar and JaspritBumrah, his bowling took new forms in 2019. When the match was going against India, Deepak Chahar was the one who gave the best performance of his life and was able to pick up 6 wickets. This achievement is surely going to pay off and it can be expected that he is going to travel to Australia for the ICC World T20 seasons.
Important facts about Deepak Chahar
- Chahar has played for his List-A debut against Vidarbha in 2010
- His T20 debut was played for Rajasthan against Vidarbha in 2010
- Chahar’s FC debut took place in 2010 against Hyderabad
- From 2011 to 2015, he was part of Rajasthan Royals buy he did not play in the XI season.
- During 2018, he had played for Rising Pune Supergiant before he started to play for Chennai Super Kings.
- In IPL and Ranji matches, Chahar has taken 105 wickets
- Till now, Chahar has scored 699 runs and played in 35 matches with 2 half-centuries
- During Chahar’s first match, he has dismissed batsman Jason Roy
- On 8th July 2018, he has played against England in T20 seasons
- Despite being a low order bowler, he is known to be an all-rounder with bowling speed of 140km per hour
Detailed information on Deepak Chahar’s life
|Name||Deepak Lokendrasingh Chahar|
|Birthday||7th August 1992|
|International Debut||Against England in 2018|
|Started his career in cricket in||2010|
|First IPL winning match||Chennai Super Kings in 2018|
|Mother’s name||Florence Rabada|
|Brother’s name||Rahul Chahar|
|Father’s name||Lokendra Singh Chahar|
|Height||5 feet 11 inches|
|Salary as of 2018||Rupees 80 lakh in IPL|
|Favorite actor||Aamir Khan|
|Favoritepastime||Hanging with friends and traveling|
Main records of Deepak Chahar in cricket
- In November 2010, Deepak defeated Hyderabad by 21 runs which can be said as the lowest total in Indian domestic cricket
- During 2010 Ranji season, Deepak has become the second-highest wicket-taker as he took 30 wickets at the average rate of 19.63 runs.
- Deepak Chahar’s turning point was when he took 8 wickets in his first debut against Hyderabad in Jaipur during the 2010-2011 Ranji Trophy season
Hidden facts about Deepak Chahar
- Deepak Chahar is a non-smoker and non-alcoholic person
- He is a medium-paced bowler and a right-hand batsman
- He is known as a good swinger with a capacity to throw balls at 140 kilometer per hour
- In 2008, he was rejected for playing cricket in the state-level by the then director of Rajasthan Cricket Association Academy Greg Chappell who did not find Chahar potential to play cricket at higher levels
- During 25th October 2010, he played his debut in Rajasthan versus Vidarbha in Jaipur
- In his total 9 List -A matches, he has hit 47 runs that include 14 wickets
However, his cricket career has poorly suffered as he was suffering from different injuries, including some ailments from 2011 to 2014. After this period, he started to get back his position as a cricketer.
Other links –