Black Buck Case 1998 (Salman Khan) History Accused Verdict (Judgement)
Leading actor from Hindi Cinema Industry, Salman Khan was accused to be guilty in the Black Buck Case that was taken place in the year 1998. Today, on 5th April, Jodhpur court has published verdict against the actor. After presenting many witnesses and proofs, finally the court has stated its verdict after 20 years of the case.
Black Buck Case 1998 History
- Black Buck: Black Bucks are the endangered species in India. They are mostly found in Jodhpur, Rajasthan. A village namely Bishnoi, near Jodhpur has many of such Black Bucks now. The villagers leave no stone unturned to protect these species.
- Salman versus Black Buck: In the year 1998, the team of the movie Hum Sath Sath Hai was in Jodhpur for shooting. During the shoot Salman, along with his fellow co-actors, Saif Ali Khan, Sonali Bendre, Neelam and Tabu went to Bishnoi to hunt Black Bucks.
- Case: According to the witnesses, villagers of Bishnoi came out of their homes after they heard a gunshot sound from the forest. They have spotted four stars there hunting Black Bucks. Two black bucks died on the same day, found by the Bishnoi villagers.
Black Buck Case 1998 Accused
- Salman Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Neelam, Tabu and Sonali bender had been accused in this case. During the case Salman and his friends had given a statement that he was not carrying any arm. He only had air gun which does not kill any animal or anything.
- However his statement was not considered as the Black Bucks were found dead on the same day. Later on, the lawyers in support of the actor stated that the animals lost their lives due to overeating and probably by the attack of dogs nearby.
- In 1998, Bishnoi community people had tried to lodge the report against the stars. To do so they had to protest and continuous plead in front of the authorities. Finally the case was lodged against Salman and his friends.
Black Buck Case 1998 Verdict
- The Bollywood biggies, Salman and his co-actors had to visit courts in several occasions due to this case. In last 20 years, all of them had to present in front of the bench several times. Finally on 5th April 2018, the final verdict had been presented by the Jodhpur court.
- Saif Ali Khan, Neelam, Tabu and Sonali Bendre are freed from the case. They were not found guilty in this case. Salman Khan, on the other was found guilty and might get jailed for up to 6 years.
- Also the judge has said that if he gets jailed less than 3 years, he can ask for bail from Jodhpur Court. On the other if he gets jailed for more than 3 years, he must appeal for bail in High Court or Session Court.