World Sight Day Essay Speech Status Quotes Story History Celebration Date
World Sight Day Essay
World Sight Day is a holiday held on the second Thursday of October every year. The holiday is designed to raise awareness of blindness and cases where people may become blind. The holiday helps people understand the important of proper eyesight and raises awareness of what can cause blindness to develop.
|People With Blindness||Nearly 285 million people in the world are blind or have low levels of vision. These include people of all ages but especially those who are older.|
|Location of Blind People||About 90 percent of all blind people in the world live in low-income countries. These include many countries in Africa and South America where incomes are poor and unemployment is high.|
|How Much Is Preventable?||About 80 percent of all cases of blindness around the world are preventable.|
|How Old Are Blind People?||About 65 percent of all blind people in the world are 50 years in age or older. This total could become higher as the world’s population ages.|
Origin of World Sight Day
World Sight Day was originated by the Lions Club International Foundation. It was created as a campaign to help people understand the importance of supporting peoples’ ability to see and to keep their sight protected. The holiday especially concentrates on understanding what can be done to help those who are blind or hard of sight.
History behind World Sight Day
This holiday started in 2000 by the Lions Club as an event that promotes not only the need to support those who are blind but to also help understand what can be done to protect one’s eye health. The event informs people about what they can do to keep their eyes safe.
The holiday has worked with a variety of important themes over the years. These include such themes as a need to improve eye health among children, how to work with low vision situations, offering eye health services to people around the world and how to prevent blindness in many forms.
Story behind World Sight Day
The greatest concern with losing one’s sight is that one will not be able to do many things that he or she is used to doing. A blind person won’t be able to fully experience everything that the world has to offer.
World Sight Day focuses on what people can do to make it easier for them to see things properly. It places an emphasis on understanding how people can prevent blindness and improving their eye health. This is all about keeping people from being unfortunate to where they are no longer able to keep their eyesight intact.
|Name||World Sight Day|
|First Celebration Date||2000|
|Celebration Type||International event|
|Kind Of||Health and social issue|
|Date Type||Second Thursday of October|
Celebration Date of World Sight Day
|October 13, 2016|
|October 12, 2017|
|October 11, 2018|
|October 10, 2019|
|October 8, 2020|
How Is World Sight Day Celebrated?
- People use the event to promote eye care services and to help people understand what they can do to protect their vision. This is especially important for people who are looking to keep their eyes from being harmed.
- The event also places a strong emphasis on helping people to see what they can do to support the blind. This includes working with them to help make their lives easier for them to live.
New Celebration Ideas
- The event may be celebrated by offering classes to children that will help them learn more about to protect their eyesight. These include classes where they can learn about how to wear proper eye protection while outdoors.
- Promotional events relating to helping people see can also be included. These include drives where old glasses may be donated and sent to those who need them.
Importance of the Celebration
- This celebration is essential as blindness is a serious problem that has impacted the lives of people all around the world. It is important to help people who are blind so it will be easier for society to function.
- It is also a necessity because it helps people understand what can be done to keep blindness from being a threat in their lives. People will know about eye protection and health when they learn more about what they can do.
Impact of Society
- People will become more aware of how the human eye works. This includes a look at what causes the eye to weaken and what can be done to prevent such issues.
- The holiday also delves into what can be done to assist people who need assistance with treating eye problems. It allows people to see how they can assist others who need help the most.
- People are understanding what it is like to be blind as they will learn about the issues that many who are blind suffer. By understanding these issues, it will be easier for people to have better lives as they work harder to protect their own eyesight.
Response of Society
- There are many events relating to World Sight Day that are held around the world. These include many special events dedicated to helping people assist those who are blind.
- More governments are pooling in support for scientific studies on blindness. This is to help see if there are ways how the problem can be reversed over time.
Pros and Cons
|People will understand what they can do to protect their eyes.||The risk of blindness is still prevalent in many spots around the world.|
|Nutritional points relating to how to improve one’s eyesight are discussed on this holiday.||Some people may be genetically disposed to blindness and may have a difficult time preventing it.|
|Many governments are willing to support different legislations or rules for making eye health a priority.||It is often hard for people in some parts of the world to get access to proper eye care.|
|Scientists are working throughout the year to understand blindness, what causes it and how it may be prevented or at least reduced in its intensity.||The nutritional support that is needed for eye health is not always available for all to utilize.|
|The holiday helps people see what they can do to support others with bad eyesight.||The aging population will make it harder for people to fully control issues relating to blindness.|
|Blindness may be easier to treat or control thanks to the awareness people have over it.||With more people becoming blind from age-related issues, it is harder for some resources to be made available to them.|
|Many younger people are becoming more aware of what they can do to protect their eyesight.||Infectious causes are prompting more cases of blindness all around the world.|
|The holiday especially helps people see what they can do with protecting their eyes while playing sports.||Not all can afford the eye health services that they require.|
World Sight Day is an important event that focuses on what can be done to help those who have sight problems. It also looks into what can be done to support people with serious eye health issues. The event is an important occasion that encourages people to understand what can be done to protect their sight and how they can support their lives in a better manner.
Speech On World Sight Day
Our eyesight is very important to our lives. We need our eyesight to make it easier for all of us to have better and more productive lives. If we don’t have healthy eyesight then it will be harder for us to do anything.
The greatest concern is that our eyes can be harmed by many issues. Sometimes it can come from genetic sources or from infectious illnesses. In other cases our eyesight can be harmed by various injuries including ones that could have easily been prevented.
We need to work hard to ensure that our lives are safe and that we can stay fully protected against all sorts of serious problems. We always do our best to stay happy and healthy for as long as possible. We should all put in just as much of an effort into our plans for keeping our eyes healthy and protected.
The things that can be done to help our eyes can include many options relating to staying healthy and under control. In particular, we can always take a closer look at how we can use protective measures or change our dietary habits.
We can always look at getting regular eye exams as well. The corrective measures that we can take to improve our lives are certainly good ones that can make a real difference.
It is up to us to do what we can to protect our eyes. We don’t just much of a chance with keeping our eyes healthy all the time so we all need to do what we can to protect ourselves from blindness among other threats to our eyes.
Quotes & Status On World Sight Day
You should never stop what you are doing in life as long as you have the eyesight to make it happen.
You should always look on the bright side of life as you’ll never hurt your eyesight when doing so.
Your vision is important as it will guide you to where you want to go in your life.
Seeing the world through your own eyes is the best way to experience everything that the world has to offer.
While having sight is important, it is even better to have a sense of vision to make it all work
You must have an open mind when looking at things. A blind mind will cause anything that you see through your eyes to become meaningless.
Not everyone will see things in the same way. Everyone has their own ideas as to what they can see in the world.
Everything in the world is unique and special when you just take the time to see it in your own eyes.