Voters Day India Essay Speech Quotes Theme
India is one of the largest democracies in the world. The government takes necessary decisions, which will enhance the status of the nation and its citizens. For this, the commoners must do their part to assist the central government. The constitution has given these citizens the power to elect their government by supporting any political party. For this, elections are held at regular intervals. The citizens above the age of 18 have the right to cast their vote and elect a particular person or party. To make people aware of their rights, duties and powers, the central government celebrates the National Voters Day each year.
Date of celebration
The National Voters Day is an annual event that is celebrated by the central government. It is celebrated on the 25th of January. During 2017, Indian celebrated the 7th National Voters Day with pomp and grandeur.
History of National Voters Day
The central government of India had decided to celebrate 25th January as the Voters Day of India from 2010. The scheme was announced by the former Prime Minister of India Manmohan Singh. The main purpose of celebrating this day is to instill a feeling of oneness among the youngsters and make them aware of the important position they have in shaping the future of the nation. In 1950, the Election Commission of India was established. This body had and still has the responsibility to formulate all rules and regulations associated with the elevation procedure.
Objectives and Importance of the day
- Increasing awareness among youngsters – With the celebration of National Voters Day, the central government will be able to reach out to the people, especially the young voters who have just attained the age of 18 and make their aware of their responsibilities.
- Enrolling new voters – Each year, the task of enrolling new voters is started on this day. The youngsters, who attained the age of 18, need to fill in a form and get their names enlisted in the voter list. Each such candidate then gets his/her Voter ID card.
- Highlighting importance of new voters in nation building – The government needs to change with time to better represent the needs of the nation and its people. Without the participation of new voters, the country and the government will not be able to proceed towards success.
A country can only prosper if its youngsters and future generation take part in the nation building. The constitutional framework has given people the best way in which they can choose the right political representatives, who will work for the betterment of the countrymen and the nation as well.
Quotes on National Voters Day
- A person who does not take part in the nation building process does not have any right to complain about the way the government is performing.
- The main character of a democratic country is that the commoners can choose the political party or a representative. Voting is the only way via which the citizens can cast their support in favor of one political party and bring them on the political throne.
- Voting is the primary right of every citizen. If a person does not exercise this right, then he/she is not doing their duty towards the country.