Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas NRI Day Speech Essay Quotes
The Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas is an extremely significant as well as day of sentimental value for the residents as well as non-residents of India. It is a day dedicated to them. This day makes them feel like they are not forgotten by their homeland. This one day in the year ensures that there is unity and sense of belonging among the Indians – no matter where they are in the world.
NRI Day Celebrated On
Popularly known as the NRI day, the Pravasi Diwas is celebrated on the 9th of January every year. On this day many NRIs are acknowledged for their accomplishments and contributions to the society. Due to the differences in time zones across the world, this day is celebrated from January 7th to January 9th.
History Of NRI Day
This day (that is, January 9th), is extremely significant in history because this is the day when Mahatma Gandhi had returned from South Africa in 1915. He was the first non-resident Indian who had returned home and made such a huge impact on his home country. Hence to honor him on this day, the Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas is celebrated since the year 2003.
It was 2002 when a high level committee was set up by the then Prime Minister Mr. Atal Bihari Vajpayee. This committee suggested that 9th January be chosen as the day for the celebration. This was to commemorate the greatest Pravasi Mahatma Gandhi – whose return had changed the history of India forever. So, following their recommendations, Mr. Atal Bihari Vajpayee chose and announced the day as the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas.
Objective Of Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas
- Connect and harness: One of the biggest objectives of this day is to connect the Indians all around the world and to harness their knowledge, skills and expertise to ensure the growth of the country.
- Global India: The aim was also to ensure that the Indians feel the spirit of having a Global Indian family. This was to be achieved with close interaction with them.
- Interaction with government: The idea was to ensure that the Indian Diaspora is in touch with the central and state government of India and that communication is established between these masses.
- Business opportunities: The idea was also to explore the different business opportunities in India that the Indian Diaspora might want to be a part of.
- Younger generation unites: This day also aims to make a strong network of young Indians across the world so that they can together propel the heritage of the country.
This is one of those initiatives which have been taken to strengthen the bonds further. On this day, the Indian Diaspora across the world are sometimes felicitated and sometimes rewarded, but they are all recognized. This is sure to instill a sense of belonging among them.
Quotes And Slogan On Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas
- “Salute to each bud of India that blossomed across the world and made India proud”
- “We may be far from home but we are never truly apart for my nation stays in my heart”
- “First, we are Indians and our heritage and culture is what enriches us to go out into the world and embrace it.”
- “Like the drops of ocean must go be a vapor and rain into the world… the Indians rise out of India and share their gifts with the entire planet…”