Ishan Porel Biography (Height Age Speed IPL 2018)
Ishan Porel is an Indian cricketer who was a star for India in the recently concluded Under-19 World Cup, 2018. Ishan Porel is one of the rising talents of India and he is expected to make a huge impact in Indian cricket.
Personal Life and Education
Ishan Porel is 19 years old. His father was a Kabaddi player and thus he was determined to pursue a career in sports. He tried other sports but it was cricket that attracted him the most. He wanted to be a batsman but his academy coaches of Chandannagar asked him to become a pace bowler because of his body frame. He is a school dropout and he hasn’t completed his education.
Ishan Porel has a small family which consists of 5 members. His father was a former Kabaddi player of India whose name is Chandranath Porel. He also has two sisters and he is the only son of his parents.
Batting & Bowling Style
Ishan Porel is a Right-arm medium pacer and a Right-handed batsman. He is a very fast bowler according to his age. His average pace is 85-86 Miles per hour. As he is very tall, he is able to extract bounce from the pitch. He isn’t a big swinger of the ball buthis line and length is always wonderful and he can consistently bowl at a good pace.
Ishan Porel made his first-class debut in February 9, 2017. He made his test debut against Vidarbha and he played for the Bengal team. He bowled 47 overs in the first innings and gave away 139 for his 4 wickets. In the second innings Ishan bowled one over and gave away 13 runs and was wicket less. In his List-A debut against Andhra, he took 1 wicket and gave away 43 runs in 9 overs.
World Cup Under-19 Performance
In the warm up match of the Under 19 world cup, Ishan gave 23 runs and took 4 wickets against South Africa. In the main event of the tournament, Ishan Porel was picked against Australia and he bowled 4.1 overs and gave away 24 runs and he was wicket less. After the match against Australia, he was injured and missed 2 matches. He came back at the quarter final match against Bangladesh and bowled 5 brilliant overs and only gave away 8 runs.
Ishan was back to his brilliant best against Pakistan on the Semi-Final Match. Ishan bowled brilliantly and picked up 4 wickets and gave away only 17 runs in the 6 overs he had bowled. His economy rate and average was fascinating in the match. In the final, Ishan was spot on once again as he picked up 2 wickets and gave away only 30 runs in the 7 overs he had bowled. Ishan also bowled a maiden over in the final. He also enjoyed the success of his team as India had lifted the world cup trophy eventually.
- First-Class Batting Stats: Ishan has played 3 matches at the first-class level and he batted 4 times in those 3 matches. He was not out twice and he scored 3 runs in those 4 matches. His highest score is 2* and he has a strike rate of 16.66. He has faced 18 balls in his first-class career.
- List-A Batting Stats: Ishan has played 3 List-A matches and he has only batted once in those 3 matches. He was not out for 0 in the only match he had batted.
- First-Class Bowling Stats: In the 3 matches Ishan has played in the First-Class level, he has bowled in 5 innings and he has taken 13 wickets giving away 278 runs. His average is 21.38 and he has a good economy rate of 3.02. His best performance in an innings is5/32. And his best performance in a match is 6/62.
- List-A Bowling Stats: Ishan has bowled in 3 innings of 3 matches and has taken 2 wickets and he has given away 88 runs. His economy rate is 4.40 and his average is 44.00.
- Ishan Porel was the 2nd highest taker in the Under-19 Challenger Trophy.
- Ishan Porel took 13 wickets in the 3 matches in the Under-19 Challenger Trophy for Team C.
- Ishan Porel took 6 wickets in 4 matches in Under 19 World Cup.
Ishan Porel was unsold in this year’s Indian Premier League auction. His base price was 20 lakh INR. No team showed interest in the brilliant pacer this year.
Ishan Porel is a brilliant medium pacer and he will be a useful asset for India in the coming days. He has already showcased his talent in the recently concluded Under 19 world cup. He performed for his team when the team needed him the most. He took 6 wickets in the semi-finals and finals of the tournament which shows his caliber pretty well. He can perform under pressure and he is also aware of what he is doing. He also took 13 wickets in the Challenger Trophy which occurred before the world cup. His economy rate is also very impressive.