Daler Mehndi Biography Net Worth Caste
Daler Mehndi is one of the leading Pop Singers in India. With his blockbuster Punjabi songs Bolo Ta Ra Ra Ra and Tunak Tunak Tun, he had made a grand entry to the Indian Pop Music back in 90s. Daler has given his priceless voice to more than 100 songs in Hindi & Punjabi movies. He also bagged several awards in his musical career for his creations.
|Stage Name||Daler Mehndi|
|Profession||Singer, Song Writer, Producer, Performer|
|Born||18th August 1967|
|Born in||Patna, Bihar|
|Debut Album||Bolo Ta Ra Ra|
|Siblings||Shamsher Singh (musician), Mika Singh (Singer, performer)|
Daler Mehndi’s Family
Daler Singh was born and brought up in a Punjabi family in Patna, Bihar. He has two brothers, Shamsher Singh who is a musician and Mika Singh who is a singer and performer. Daler married to Taranpreet Kaur. He has four children, among whom one son, Gurdeep Mehndi is an actor in Hindi Film Industry.
Daler Mehndi Education
Daler Mehndi was born in a musicians’ family. He ran away from home in search of Ustad Rahat Ali Khan to learn music when he was only 11 years old. At the age of 13 he performed for the first time in front of 20,000 people in Jaunpur. He is a trained classical singer. He got his musical education of Raga and Shabad from his Ustad Rahat Ali Khan since childhood.
Daler Mehndi Career
- In the year 1991 Daler started performing as a singer with his own group he formed. Later in the year 1994 he represented India in the music contest Asia International Ethnic & Pop Music Contest where he won the 2nd second position.
- In the year 1995, he released his debut album Bolo Ta Ra Ra under Magnasound Music Company. It was a big hit album. Daler immediately after releasing the album earned immense popularity. He also bagged Best Pop Singer Awards for this album.
- After that in the year 1996 and 1997 his two super hit albums namely Dardi Rab Rab and Balle Balle were out. Both the albums earned huge popularity and a handful of awards in the same years.
- In the year 2000, he performed with the legendary Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan in his movie Mrityudata in the song Na Na Na Na Na Re. This was another blockbuster song Mehndi made in Hindi Film and Music Industry. ‘
- Since 2003, he started playback singing for the Hindi commercial movies. From Aamir Khan’s Rang De Basanti to Farhan Akhter’s Bhag Milkha Bhag, Daler didn’t leave a stone unturned to entertain people with his excellent voice.
- Apart from music albums and movies he also conducted international and national music tours since 1998. He introduced his label in the year 2000 namely DRecords. Along with this he also supports various charities such as cancer patients, Imran Khan’s Charity to raise money for Pakistan’s well being and many more.
Daler Mehndi Awards
- Voice of AIEPM Contest: He won the second position in Voice of Asia International Ethnic & Pop Music Contest in the year 1994. It took place in Almaty, Kazakhstan. He was representing India in that contest where he won the 2nd best Voice of Asia.
- Channel V’s Award: In 1996 he won the Best Pop Singer from Channel V for his debut album Bolo Ta Ra Ra Ra. He again won the same title in the year 1997 for Dardi Rab Rab and in 1998 for Ho Jayegi Balle Balle respectively.
- Screen Videocon Award: In the year 1997 and 1998 he won Screen Awards for his two songs Ho Jayegi Balle Balle and Tunak Tunak Tun respectively. He won the title for Best Pop Singer of the year for these two songs.
- Zee Cine Awards: In the year 2001 he won Zee Cine Awards for the Best Pop Singer (Male) for the song Na Na Na Na Na Re from the movie Mrityudaata. He appeared with Amitabh Bachchan in the song in the movie.
- Others: Apart from these mentioned awards, he also won other awards such as Indira Gandhi Priyadarshini Award, Rajiv Gandhi Excellence Award, Aviation Award, Millennium Sikh Award and many more from India and international as well.
Daler Mehndi Net Worth
As per the reports Daler Mehndi’s net worth in 2018 is $12 Million. He has his properties that include a lavish office in Connaught Place in New Delhi. The singer also had a Farm House on 112 Acre land that costs Rs. 250 Cr. Unfortunately it was seized by the government as it was his illegal construction on a common land that belongs to an adjacent village panchayet.
Daler Mehndi Controversy (Latest Case)
- Recently Daler Mehndi was sentenced 2 years jail in a case took place against him in the year 2003. He and his brother Shamsher Singh both were accused in involving in a case of illegal immigration of people. It was stated in the case that against lump sum passage money, the Singh brothers send people to United States illegally.
- In the year 1998, Mehndi went to US for a music concert with his group. It was said that he immigrated illegally 10 people from that troupe to US that year. Those 10 persons who accompanied him as team members were not actually part of the troupe.
- Similar incident happened in the year 1999 when during the month of October he went to US again for a show. He had taken few more people along with him who weren’t team members either. In the year 2003, he was accused for illegal human trafficking to US. However in 2006, Patiala Police had given him clean chit. Unfortunately the court didn’t get convinced and ordered further investigation.