Anukul Roy Biography (Caste Height Batting Bowling IPL 2018)
Anukul Sudhakar Roy is currently representing Indian Under-19 Cricket team in the World Cup match. He has also been the captain of the Jharkhand Under-19 cricket team and has played several matches for Jharkhand’s domestic team.
Personal Life and education
Anukul Roy lives in the Bhirha village which is situated in the Rosera Block in the Samastipur District in Bihar. He has lived here till age 8. Later he shifted to Jharkhand. Born on the 30th November 1998, he is only 19 years old. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. Roy attended the DAV Public School in Samastipur, Bihar. He hasn’t yet enrolled in a college or university.
His father, Mr. Sudhakar Roy, is an advocate in the Samastipur district. His mother is a housewife. He doesn’t have a sister but he has a brother. His brother’s name is Hitesh Kalra. Also, he is not married.
Batting and Bowling Style
He is a left arm spinner and known for being an all-rounder. However, he is also a left-handed batsman. He is a slow left-arm orthodox bowler which has garnered him much praise from his seniors and spectators alike.
Anukul’s international debut was against England in 2017 in Mumbai. In his home town he had played several matches till then. Anukul’s journey began in Samastipur, but it didn’t end there. He went on to the academy later on. in his home town his coach Brajesh Jha spotted him and he coached him further. Later on Rahul Dravid took on the role of grooming the boy. Jha had told his family them about the boy’s talent. Roy was only 9 years old when he got admitted to the academy.
World Cup under 19 Performances
He has been awarded Man of the Match in the recent match held at Papua Guinea. His contribution was immense in the game as he helped India to win with 5-14. He had a similar tryst during the 2017 England tour. He was asked to play a warm-up game during which he managed to grab three wickets and at the same time scored 62 with his batting.
In the second ODI he managed to score 43 runs. Although he could not play after that due to his injury, his former performances were strong enough to give him a place in the U-19 World Cup which held at New Zealand.
- Captain: He has been the captain of Under 19 team. He has been chosen the captain because of his performance and promising track record.
- Bowler: He is known for his superb wicket taking as he has managed to take wickets in almost every game he has played till now.
- Batsman: As a batsman he has managed to perform well in the ODIs against England in the 2017 tour. Therefore, he is considered an all-rounder.
- 10 wickets in U-19: He has taken the highest number of wickets on the 2017 England tour. He is known for taking 10 wickets total throughout the tournament.
- Highest wicket taker: In the same tournament he has taken 11 wickets in 4 matches during June-July 2017, which is often said to be the turning point of his career.
Anukul Roy was bought by the Mumbai Indians in the 2018 IPL auctions. His starting price was Rs. 20 lakh. Mumbai Indians got him on board at his base price itself.
As per Rahul Dravid, who also happens to be his coach, he has a very bright future ahead because he shown tremendous betterment in his performance. He has improved consistently with every match and has brought consecutive successes to the team.